So initially I began blogging in 2005. I had read somewhere that there were people actually making money from home blogging . I was like this is exactly right up my alley . Not only do I like to write but the fact that I could actually make money and sit on my butt was even better. So I hopped on to blogspot and started writing . At that time you could add adsense very easily and there you go. No one ever told me all of the other things that you need to do before you’re a professional. I was clueless and I only made like $5 in like 5 years . So I started to do my homework and I learned that just being a great writer isn’t the only thing you need to become a successful blogger.
This will probably be the only time I do this but I wanted to give you a quick lesson on how to blog for a living. Get your pens and pencils together and lets take a few notes .
- Do your homework. This means reading other bloggers information. Don’t be a know it all because you can never learn it all , you will always have to be a willing participant to learn. During this process things will change , rules will change . And there is someone who is always ahead of you and there is nothing wrong with that . Get on the internet , Facebook and twitter , see who’s blogging . Read it and follow it . Always ask questions. They are usually willing and ready to help you . And as long as you’re reading their blogs , they are willing to help you .
- Find your niche. People need to write about things that they can relate to the most. I hardly ever do these type post unless its in relation to relationships. I am a lifestyle blogger and mommy blogger. I deal mostly with life. You know those things that make us tick and how to effectively put on your make up when your cleaning and cooking . Make sure you are not choosing something that you hate writing about . I won’t write about make up bc I’m not obsessed with it . I won’t write about dogs because I don’t know anything about dogs. So find things that fits with your life comfortably .
- Now its time to start writing . First thing first , when you are just starting out , don’t pay for a website . You WILL NOT MAKE ANY MONEY in the beginning. So even tho someone will tell you that you will make money…you will NOT . So don’t quit your day job , make blogging a hobby for now. I recommend wordpress. You can do a lot with wordpress and there on the wordpress website site you will meet other bloggers. FOLLOW THOSE BLOGGERS. READ THEIR BLOGS. I did say make this a hobby…but you’ll need to write almost daily. And read more than you write.
- Join Social Media sites. If you are not already a part of social media, join them . The top 4 places you need to join Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. There are a few other places that are a must but these places are the best for beginners. On these sites you will find other people like you . Meet them , follow them , read their information. They will love you for this . And when its your turn to promote , they will remember you and reciprocate. Also on these sites you can post your blog pages. Relax if no one comments on them …wordpress let’s you know that they are reading them .
- So you have found groups , you are on social media and you have written like 100 blogs and you are so ready to make money. It’s time to purchase a website from a place like Godaddy or bluehost. This is an investment , why well on some of these hosting sites you will have to pay an upfront fee. So make sure that at the time you think you’re ready to make this a living you have the money to invest.
- How will I make my money back . Remember your niche I mentioned earlier , you will spend days and nights on twitter , Facebook and instagram getting your numbers ups . (This means followers and likes ) You will need consistent growth in order to make money . I mean why would I come to your page and your friends aren’t even reading them . No investor would want to invest in that either . So while you are building your brand you have to build your following too. There are several different ways to do this …one is the groups I mentioned above and there are a few others that I did not mention . Don’t buy likes and followers that never works .
- Marketing groups. I will come back to this blog and update it . But there are a few marketing sites you can join . In these sites they will give you things to promote. Sounds easy …yes if you have the followers to back this , so make sure you do that part before jumping ahead and looking into these groups .In the meantime it doesn’t hurt to reach out to some places and ask them if you can market their product . It never hurts to ask .
- Also make sure you have a great name for your blog. You will want something that is easy and catchy and something that doesn’t require a lot of typing . I’m basicallytesha and most of everything I promote has my name in it . It’s like a keychain and if someone is looking for me its simple to find.
- Don’t stress the small stuff . There are going to be a lot of people who try to discourage you . But if you believe that this is what you’re supposed to be doing . Keep moving forward and don’t allow anyone to dim your light .
- Remember to keep up with your word count when writing . I have read some blogs with five words or less. That’s not a blog , that’s a text message. Also include pictures and what not if necessary.
I really hope I have help you in your blogging journey. Happy Blogging …basically